We have been working with a Housing Association (Viewpoint) for over 5 years. We run clubs in different premises along with some one to one support to get people started. Each club is run by a Facilitator with the help of PVG checked and trained Volunteers from the local community. The Club encourages users to continue online and access the following benefits:
- Keep in touch with families via email, social media or Skype etc
- Discover new hobbies/interests or enjoy existing ones in new ways.
- Find out what’s going on, be more active and involved with benefits to health and quality of life.
- retain independence and choice e.g. through online shopping
- Socialise and get to know each other better.
- In addition to the above which contribute to residents’ well-being and sense of community , we can help Housing Associations by encouraging residents’ use of more direct/less time-consuming online communication via website, email etc.
What we can offer and cost to your Housing Association or group.
Computer Club(s) for 2 hours for 39 weeks of the year in blocks of about 9 weeks. We also offer additional one to one sessions (approx one per Club week) for those requiring help to get started.
Contact us for more information
Some comments from people who use the computer clubs.