Volunteer Treasurer needed to join the Board of Tap into IT Where You Are Ltd.
We are a small, but growing Edinburgh social enterprise with charitable status. We work with individual clients in their own homes and older people in sheltered housing, enabling them to access the benefits of the internet. We also run computer clubs which focus both on members’ IT needs and on sociability, thus promoting social inclusion and community benefit.
The Role of the volunteer treasurer is to provide support to our Executive Director and to the Board using his/her skills, experience and expertise on financial matters. There is an opportunity to be involved in the sustainability, development and expansion of the organisation at a time which is particularly exciting for digital provision and challenging for the voluntary sector generally. Our part-time Administrator performs routine financial tasks and we use an online accounting system (www.freeagent.com) which automates many of these processes. Currently also we pay for Accountancy services for the preparation of our annual accounts, tax and OSCR returns.
Essential skills and expertise:
- Financial experience of accountancy in either the commercial, public or voluntary sector.
- Familiarity with ‘cloud’ accounting and other systems (- all our business processes are internet-based as we don’t have an office).
- Committee/Board based experience helpful.
The tasks involved are
Supporting our Executive Director by
- Ensuring that effective and appropriate financial measures, controls and procedures, for the organisation are in place.
- Providing advice on the ongoing management of the organisation’s financial affairs in line with our company Articles, Scottish Charity regulations and legal requirements.
Supporting the Board by
- Attending Board meetings (- every 2 months approx) and supporting the Administrator in the presentation of financial updates.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Liaising with Executive Director and Accountant over annual accounts; and with Administrator in monitoring the budget and cashflow and for accounts-related guidance as required.
Likely to be around 6 – 8 hours per month.
Tap Into IT Where You Are Ltd (SC420008), a Social Enterprise, Scottish Charity Number SC047766